Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Seeking Joy in the EveryDay: Day 1


JOY:  noun:  the emotion of great delight or happiness caused 
by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.


I don’t remember last Tuesday.
There’s nothing on my calendar.  It was probably a pretty normal day. 
An everyday kind of day. 

Which, by the way, are my favorite ones.

The lovely thing about everyday days is that they’re so … normal.  
One runs into the next and the next and before long, there’s a blur and it’s October again.  

Not, of course, that there aren’t memorable events along the way.  Graduations, anniversaries, weddings, vigils, funerals, vacations, birthdays, new school years, new chapters.   But the whirlwind of life can cast a blur on the days, and before long … 
it’s October again. 

I’m convinced there’s a great deal of unharvested joy in there, in those everyday days and those whirlwind seasons.  I don’t mean top of the mountain kind of joys.  I mean the quiet, deep, blissful, common joys that are so common I blow right by them.   
Sometimes I’m moving too fast to grasp them.  
Sometimes I’m walking too fixedly in the same steps as yesterday to see them.

I want to treasure every joy this life offers.  I don’t want to miss even one. 
So, every day for the month of October, I’m joining TheNester 
and hundreds of other bloggers who’ve chosen their own topics for 
the 31Day Challenge

It’s time to revisit the Happy Hour Principle.  
I’m going to look for, seek, expect, and savor every day joys.   
Come back and count your everyday joys along with me,  
and we can multiply them :o)

 “The essence of life is not in the great victories and grand failures, but in the simple joys.” 
 Jonathan Lockwood Huie





Day 3: Spontaneity!
Day 4:  Teaching
Day 5:  Karaoke
Day 11:  Chalk it Up!
Day 12:  Googly Eyes
Day 15:  Being Miss Daisy
Day 17:  Grace Rehearsal
Day 23:  Glow
Day 31:  Resolved to Joy

Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment