Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 Days of Seeking Joy in the EveryDay: Sickness & Health

When I was looking for thoughts on joy, 
I kept running across quotes that said sorrow and joy go hand in hand -
that the contrast between the two makes joy all the deeper.  

I've never been able to swallow that one.  
Sorrow?  
No thank you.  I'll just take my joy straight.


Last week we passed around a cold at our house.  
Days one through four were miserable. 
But then came day five.
Not quite well, but so. much. better.
I knew it the minute I woke up 
because of the light, happy, hopeful feeling in my heart 
that wasn't there the day before when my heart was a hollowed out, miserable wasteland.

Ah.  
The contrast.

There's not a whole lot of joy in having a cold. 
Until you remember how great you're going to feel on Day Five.  

There's joy in that!


“If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever 
cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite 
for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. 
In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn 
each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.” 
 Anthon St. Maarten, Divine Living: The Essential Guide To Your True Destiny




Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment