Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 Days of Seeking Joy in the EveryDay: Power to the Pumpkins!

I love pumpkins.  
Every.  single.  one.  
A new pumpkin has been coming home with me this fall
ever since they showed up in the produce section at our grocery store.
I want to have a home for unchosen pumpkins.  


Today's joy came with pumpkin carving.  
Or some of them ... Ben and Abbie are doing their's tomorrow.  


 LtDan pulled out the power tools for us and that was so much fun ... 
There is great satisfaction in drilling a precisely round hole!


The plan in my head was something like ...

(source for all images:  Pinterest)

But in the end I was content just to do polka dots.  


Because sometimes, 
just the doing of a thing brings far more joy than looking at perfect Pinterest pictures.


"Happiness grows at our own firesides,
and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens."
-  Douglas Jerrold


Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment