Tuesday, October 15, 2013

31 Days of Seeking Joy in the Everyday: Being Miss Daisy

We're on day two of the "Widespread Rain Event" ... !
When you have cracks running through your property large enough swallow small animals, 
rain is a BIG DEAL.

Rain ...
joy in every. single. drop.

It's grocery run night.  
Which means Mom&Me Night.  
Mom&Me is, in my opinion, one of the  best things I've ever instituted as a mom.  
My eldest son thinks it's our Kid Snack Boxes ... 
but hopefully he'll come up with something more lofty before he has to deliver a eulogy for me  :o)  

Anyway, Nate is driving me this evening, 
and one of the joyful things about having a chauffeur
 is that you have a chance to relax
(relatively speaking - it is, afterall, a teenager behind the wheel) 
and admire the scenery.
Being driven gave me the chance to snap a  pic 
of this charming little cottage home 
that I admire every time I pass it.  


On this rainy evening,
 I would like to knock on the door,
curl up in the cozy window seat beside the fire and drink hot tea.  
Every cozy cottage has a window seat and warm fire, am I right?

Being Miss Daisy is a joyful thing.

Find ecstasy in life; 
the mere sense of living is joy enough.” 
 
Emily Dickinson



Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment