Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 Days of Seeking Joy in the EveryDay: Gardening in the Dark

The eight planters of mums sat on my front porch for a day short of a week.  
In all honesty, they were starting to wilt.  
Meanwhile, the azaleas and mock orange bushes I planted in the spring were turning brown.  
I meant to get out there and dig up and plant all week, but I just couldn't seem to get to it.  
Tonight was the night, however.  
Never mind that the sun was already down when dinner was over, 
I couldn't ignore the wilting mums any more.  
Even though the morning glories are still blooming, 
it's time to get the "fall garden" planted.  

Eight mum plants will be the extent of it, but getting it done is a joyful thing.  


And at least between now and when I go outside with my morning coffee to see my handiwork, 
in my mind the front yard is bursting with gorgeous, gorgeous color ... a benefit of gardening in the dark :o)  

Focus on the journey, not the destination.
Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.
- Greg Anderson



Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment