Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 Days of Seeking Joy in the EveryDay: Spontaneity!

I wake up and plan to find joy in my day.
I expect to be surprised by it.
I'm watching for it.
Waiting.

But when my husband kisses me on the the way out the door and says, 
"hey, want to meet me for dinner tonight?" 
my answer is, "ummmm, let me see if I can make that work."  

?

Joy says the answer is yes.  
Of course!

And what's the reward for a little spontaneity?
A restaurant that's usually packed out, but quiet tonight.
A fabulous dinner out on a Thursday night.
A wonderful evening.


What about you?  Did any spontaneous joys take you by surprise today? 

“I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. 
And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize 
that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and 
receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud 
in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all 
night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. 
I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe
 tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, 
and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that He gave life 
to someone who loves the gift.” 
 Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life





Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment