Tuesday, October 22, 2013

31 Days of Seeking Joy in the EveryDay: Attention, Please

This is the best drawer in our whole house.


It's like a playground for your nose.

I was crazy for candles until I found Scentsy.  
It's the simplest of pleasures to change the scent of the whole house.  
Sometimes I use it as a reward for doing chores
(a reward for me ... my kids aren't nearly so motivated by it :o) 


 Cozy Fireside is my absolute favorite scent for fall and winter.
It's warm and smokey and spicy and it reminds you of cold autumn days 
when the leaves are turning and everyone has their fireplace going and smoke hangs in the air.

Burning a lovely scent throughout the house heightens all the other senses.
It pulls you into the present.
It makes you more conscious of walking down the hall, 
cutting up the vegetables,
greeting your children,
looking out the window.
Every intake of breath makes you happy,
and heightens your attention to life and its uncountable small joys.

Do you have a favorite Scentsy fragrance?  

One of the secrets of a happy life 
is continuous small treats.  
– Iris Murdoch



Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment