Monday, October 15, 2012

Exercise ... it works for me!

Welcome to Day 15 of the 31 Days series It Works for Me!

First, I must acknowledge that it is absolutely, totally, and completely absurd for this topic to be written by yours truly.  

I've never been an exerciser.  I tolerated aerobics.  I pretended to like raquetball.   


I always thought that people who said exercise made them feel better were lying.  
I mean ... really.

But last year I decided to take a 30 minute walk at least five days a week.  I learned that keeping my heart rate up for 20+ minutes made me feel the best.  
I even carried handweights.  
I even ran some.  

(source:  somewhere on pinterest)

I wish I could tell you I lost lots of weight.  I cannot tell a lie.  So I won't.

However ... amazingly enough, I rather became addicted to exercise.  I didn't want to skip out on my morning walk, and I began to feel the benefits of exercise that other people talk about:

- I had more energy
- I had more creative energy 
- I felt better
- I felt better about myself  

Then I saw a snake and that's apparently the cure for exercise addiction.  
I took the summer off.  

But now that it's cooler, I'm walking again.  
Never mind that I saw a frog just yesterday and if frogs are out, 
the snakes are probably out, too.  It has to be hot for snakes.  
That's what I'm telling myself.  Please don't argue with me.

If you've never been a believer,  just try it for a month.  
You'll see!  Those people are  not lying!!


Exercise ... it works for me!


Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :