Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Season of Gratitude: Daily Walks


I decided on my birthday this year that this would be The Year of Gratitude.

I want to practice being grateful. Every day. With intent. I'm utterly convinced that considering what you have to be grateful for changes your outlook on life (thank you, Sarah Ban Breathnach). I have an abundance of good to be grateful for. Actually, I have an abundance of awesome. I want to be grateful for it ... I better get started :o)

Last year, one of my friends posted something she was thankful for every day from November 1st until Thanksgiving. When I tried it, I found that it made the season far more significant. Last year I used my facebook page to post my “thankfuls” ... this year I’ll use my blog … which will give me practice at blogging and a ready daily subject. Multi-tasking!

I’m thankful I have the time to take a walk most mornings. I’m most especially thankful I have a wonderful place to walk.

Welcome to the JustB ...




I love the dogs trotting along with me,


my favorite towering cottonwood,


seeing Sioux and her renegade friend from across the fence,


fields washed in sunshine,



cheery wild flowers,



peeks down into the creek,



and wildlife ... I'm so glad I didn't walk right into this:



Today, I’m thankful for the newly acquired habit of walking in the morning.

I walked four days a week for the past three weeks … it’s just a 20 minute quick-walk, but I am so grateful I can do it. I mean I'm thankful I can walk. I’m thankful for my beating heart, my breathing lungs, my pumping arms and my walking legs ... and that using them makes me feel good. Who’da thought?

Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment