Sunday, September 30, 2012

a 31 Day Challenge ... it works for me!



One of the most positive benefits of blogging
 is the sense of community amongst bloggers.


 It feels like a chatting-over-the-backyard-fence world to me.
There's an abundance of encouragement.


Every October, The Nester offers a challenge to write a blog post every day for 31 days 
at The Nesting Place.
 Just pick a subject and write about it every day in October.

I'm going to try to do it.


I see the challenge partly as an opportunity to just do it and take the tedium and pressure out of
trying to make everything just right.

So ... pardon the imperfections ...



I'm going to try to do it.

Recently I was thinking about various things that have worked well for me in one area of life or another ...
and that's what I'm going to blog about.



Frequently I bemoan the fact that I learn things that really do work for me...

about living a life as a growing follower of Christ,
about family,
about homeschooling,
about managing my home,
about managing me ...

and then I forget - or just stop.
 This will be a refresher course, and you're invited to come along.



I'll probably use it as an opportunity to post lots of my favorite random pictures, too.

Hey ... it works for me!


Links to the series:
day 2:  Mom & Me Nights
day 4: Imagery
day 5:  Grace
day 6: A Quick Spin
day 9:  Zero Minus One
day 11: Journaling
day 15: Exercise
day 18:  Talk Back
day 20:  A Place of Quiet
day 21:  Happy Hour
day 22:  Avoid Ironing
day 27:  Be Present 
day 30:  A Prayer Journal
day 31:  Listen to Your Father

Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

  1. Glad you are joining in! It will be hard to commit to-writing a post daily-but we can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it. :)

    Much love,
    Stacie Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great series... and a lovely blog! I am adding you to my sidebar to come back and enjoy for the month of October. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier to encourage me in my journey, too.

    Blessings,

    ~Leann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Leann ... i'm delighted to join you on your sidebar! that's a great idea ... i'm going to do the same. i am SO rooting for you on your bedroom project!

      Delete