Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter in Hot Springs

Hello!
I hope you had a wonderful Easter Weekend! 
We spent the weekend with LtDan's family in beautiful Arkansas.  
The dogwoods were in bloom, and there were wisteria vines everywhere ...
such a lovely time to get away.  


We spent Saturday morning on Central Avenue, 
enjoying a stroll down bathhouse row and browsing through fun shops.
We came thisclose to having an Old Time photo taken, 
but opted to keep going.  
It's hard to talk a bunch of boys into having their picture taken, have you noticed?


We checked in with Zoltar and remembered how great the movie Big is. 


You can always find lots of carved figures for sale ...  


because, after all, it's Arkansas.


We saw the tiniest, cutest puppy ever.


And we reminisced in front of the Thompson Building, where LtDan's grandparents lived for many years
and his grandfather managed the building.  
It's the prettiest building on Central Avenue, I think.


My favorite store on Central Avenue is Earthbound Trading Company.
It's pretty much guaranteed to bring out your inner hippie.


The kids enjoyed ice cream cones and made a new friend.
I don't know why my nephew isn't smiling.
He should be happy.  He's having ice cream with Al Capone.  


Saturday afternoon we gathered at my in-law's house ... I've written about this haven before }here


The Rocky Retreat is sure to bring on inner peace.


I'm sure I found a T-Rex skull.  
Or maybe a dragon's.  
It's obviously friendly. 


We celebrated Easter on Sunday together at church, 
had a lovely meal and spent the afternoon on the front porch ... 


feeling very joyful that spring is here and that He is risen, indeed.
How was your Easter?

Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment