Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Great Day in the Morning

UGH. 
this has been a HORRIBLE day.

I actually thought that as I made my lunch today.

But that little voice that helped me find the daily joy last month made me stop and take stock.  
I thought I'd left that voice back in October.  
Honestly, I was a little surprised to hear it.

Horrible?
What exactly made this day horrible?

A searching and challenging Bible study?
The productive strategy session with LtDan?
An interactive Bible time with the kids?
A couple quick emails to tell some people thank you?
A few minutes to confirm some plans?

Nothing at all horrible there.  
Not one. single. thing.  

All the above were accomplished in addition to the normally scheduled tasks.  
The only thing wrong was that things were out of the normal sequence, 
and some things went a little longer than usual.  
But HORRIBLE?  

Not even a little.  

creative ... flexible ... easy going ... pliant ... fruitful ... different ... yes!

They say it takes 30 days or so to establish a habit.  
The practice of looking for joy has stuck with me, 
and I'm so grateful.  


Otherwise, I might have missed what a great day this has been.

Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment