Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Family Surfing Night #2

Back  -by popular demand!!!-  is another exciting episode of:




Our rules:
we gather in the family room with our laptops.  
we surf the web for 30 minutes.

at the end of 30 minutes, everyone shows the best/funniest/favorite thing they found while surfing the webbernets and we vote for the best one.


Videos are limited to (approximately) 3 minutes in length.

The WINNER shall be the proud and much envied recipient of the Family Surfing Night Traveling Trophy, to be affixed to the refrigerator with their name for all to see:



I must admit I've thoroughly enjoyed having my name on the Family Surfing Night trophy this week.
said ever so humbly :o)

I did overhear the following conversation from the family room:

                                 Aaron:  "I don't know why MOM won.  That picture is stupid."
                                 Abbie:  "Ummm, Aaron, Mom is RIGHT THERE!"

I disagree ... I do not think this picture is stupid:


not one bit.  


I was, however, reminded more than once that my reign had extended just about long enough :o)

So, without further adieu ... this week's entries are:

From Lt.Dan ... thought provoking and contemporary ... Jesus vs. Religion.  Guess who wins?



From Ben ... what seems to be irrefutable evidence that the theme song for Guile (video game character from Street Figher) goes with everything, even Kentucky Fried Chicken:


From Nathan ...
well ... Nathan is laptop challenged these days ... his entry was pulled because we pushed the wrong key and it had to rebuffer, which would take FOREVER.  But it was going to be a very funny video of a fake snowman scaring people on the streets of NYC.  It had potential.  Here's a picture of a snowman in honor of his valiant effort to find something good:



From Abbie ... Batman Never Liked My Little Pony ... I cannot explain this and will not even try:



From Aaron ... the song from this video will stick in your head for hours - you've been warned:



From Melissa ...  I've been working on this blog for a while, figuring things out ... so my entry for Family Surfing Night was the big reveal:


I will take editorial license to say that my entry was so Inception that I actually had to explain it.  Just sayin'. 



and the winner is:






It's possible that Aaron may have used his laughter superpowers to win.  Because once he starts, it's irresistible - you are drawn in no matter what your state of mind.  So I'm saying he may or may not have unduly influenced the vote with his irrepressible giggles.  

 But I'm happy for Aaron.  Really.  I am.  Because after all is said and done, I still have:


   

Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment