Friday, May 29, 2015

St. Philaret's Prayer (free printable)

Update:  this printable has been revised with the correct spelling of the word "throughout" :o)

I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer.  When I reacquainted myself with my prayer journal from The Toddler Years, I was astounded to see how many of those prayers God continues to answer, and that was great motivation to re-establish more regular prayer habits.  For years, I've used a prayer journal  - more as a fixed list of things to pray about than a journal in the traditional sense.  Although my personal church experience doesn't include corporate prayers spoken in unison, they've always held a certain fascination for me, and I've come to appreciate pre-written prayers of late.  My favorite is this beautiful morning prayer from St. Philaret:




This prayer reminds me that God is in control, and it sets my days off with a calm heart at peace.  Asking God to help me act firmly and wisely and not embarrass or embitter others seems particularly relevant these days as a mom of four young people.  I'm sure my kids give a hearty amen to this part of the prayer :o)

Apparently, the part of my brain that memorizes things is the smallest part, so I have the prayer written out, and I thought maybe you'd like a copy, too.  Click }here{ for a free printable.


Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :