Friday, May 1, 2015

Quick and Healthy Microwave Breakfast

Hey, have you had breakfast yet?  Because if you haven't, I have the BEST little dish to share with you.  It meets my criteria for a favorite recipe:  fewer than five ingredients, super easy, takes less than five minutes to make, and it's delicious!


Here's what you need:

2 egg whites
3 tablespoons picante
8 ounces mozzerella cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon lowfat milk

Combine the egg whites, picante, crumbled mozzarella and milk in a microwavable bowl and stir until well blended.  Cook for three minutes in the microwave.  Stir one more time and let it cool for one minute.







That's it ... it isn't a show stopping gorgeous breakfast entre, but it's my go to choice almost every day because it's SO GOOD.  Sometimes if I really have things together, I mix it up the night before and leave it in the fridge so it's ready to pop in the microwave after my walk.  

This dish packs a great protein punch and will keep you feeling energetic and satiated for a long time.  I've found that eating this for breakfast instead of something carbohydrate heavy helps me avoid snacking in the evening.  That, my friends, is basically the same as telling you this dish performs miracles on a daily basis  :o)  


Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment