Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mad Hatter's Tea Party


Hey-yo.
Summer isn't *usually* crazy busy for us.  

We homeschool year-round (with many traditional and also random breaks - don't feel sorry for us), so there's schoolwork, but no homeschool co-op.  Which, as much as I love it, takes up a whole day of the week during fall and spring.  So summer is generally the time when I feel like we get our legs underneath us 
and the daily schedule becomes just that: daily :o)  

But somehow this summer feels more crazy busy than usual.  
Graduation, a weekend trip to Arkansas, a  fab July 4th party
 And ... ummm ... well, perhaps it's just been crazy and not really so busy!  

I made some progress on the {{12 in 12}} plan for Lt.Dan's office ... 
there's a chair in there now ... whoo hoo!



I went to Ikea with a plan for the chair and the bookshelves, had a complete change of mind while I was there and the only reason I didn't come home with two of these


 is that they were too heavy for me to load and it's a good thing because the chair alone barely fit in the van anyway.  Seriously.  I was a commercial for how not to shop at Ikea.  
Removing the backseats in the parking lot.  Almost let the cart with the box in it roll into the street ... ha!  

Do you shop Ikea?  It's pretty wonderful.
This commercial never fails to make me laugh:



I went to Office Max last week determined to get the two drawer filing cabinet for the office that I picked out weeks ago ... and did not buy ... and now they don't have it.
BOO!  

And now the bookshelves decision is up in the air because I saw a credenza at GoodWill last week that we might use as a serving bar at a party first.  But I'm not sure, because the inspiration to use the credenza as a bar and then in the office came along five days after I saw it.
And who knows if it will still be there on Monday???

But there's a chair in Lt.Dan's office, did I mention that?



Another party is looming on the horizon ... a birthday one ... a big one.  
It ends in 0 and belongs to Lt.Dan.  

He loves blues and good old rock and roll classics, so we booked a band


So excited!


This week we'll be working on changing this space ...



into something that loosely resembles this space ...

(image source)

minus the trees and the curtains but with a whole bunch of party lights.

That means our entry way looks like this ...


and what's going on in my head feels like this ...


Would you care for a nice cup of tea?



Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment