Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Suddenly ...

I really don't remember the moment we decided to homeschool.  
When the time came, I just couldn't fathom sending my little guy off
 to spend his kindergarten days with someone else.  
There were more compelling reasons, but that's the one that pulls on my heart strings.

Fast forward thirteen years and ...



we have a graduate!!!

We've been members of a local homeschool co-op for several years.  

Last year, graduation  popped up on the radar.  I got an email addressed to the families with Juniors.  
It was a shock to realize it wasn't a mistake.  

I knew our co-op hosted a graduation ceremony, but hadn't really paid much attention to it. 
It was our turn!  

Naturally, there was a rehearsal ...


And during rehearsal, the junior class was busy decorating the seniors' cars ...



And 
suddenly


graduation day is here.

Each graduate had a professionally made tribute video narrated by their parents.  


and they exited to the Phil Collins song "On My Way".
Perfect!

After the ceremony there was a reception, and the graduates each had their own memory table 
where they received their guests.




At home, we roasted the two 2012 homeschool grads in our family ... 



These boys have been hanging out together since ...


forever :o)


One day they're playing with slinkys in the playroom, 
then suddenly ...



they're graduates! 





Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment