Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mercy Hunting

Oh, hello.



Welcome to my blog ... I was here back in June ... you might remember me?

We had a great summer that started off with a rocking Benefit Concert
the culmination of a semester of work of some pretty wonderful and talented young people.  


Then LtDan and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary with a fab weekend get away.


Next thing we knew, it was time to celebrate LtDan's birthday
 and we reeled in the years with Steely Dan.
Superb.  That concert was just ... superb.


We wrapped it up with our annual vacation trip to the beach.



And alas, here is why I need to blog regularly, because with all due apologies to the wonderful people in my life, the rest of the summer is a blur.  A blur of undoubtedly good stuff, but a blur nonetheless.

I also felt a little bit stuck, creatively speaking.
  I listened to lots of great podcasts and read some excellent books ...
and felt stuck and intimidated.  

All the creative stuff is jumbled in my head and I'm trying to figure out 
how to blog well and run life well, too. 

So I think it's down to what Kat says to do in }this{ encouraging How They Blog podcast:
blog badly ... 
don't get caught up in the tyranny of perfectionism,
and just do it.
There's great freedom in that.

So here I am ... free ... and blogging badly :o)

In addition to the wonderful fun big deal things we did over the summer,
I also got back to walking several days a week.
But it isn't just taking a walk every morning, it's a daily hunting trip.

Do you know this verse from the Bible?


Mercies.
Brand new ones.
Every morning!

Over the summer I started mercy hunting on my morning walks.

My goal is to find at least one thing that delights me  
to celebrate the abundance of God's mercies.

I filled up my phone with the pictures I snapped of these abundant mercies ...
Here are some of my favorites






As with any kind of hunt, Mercy Hunting heightens the awareness of your surroundings
and pulls you more firmly into your one and beautiful life.
Maybe best of all ... the more you look, the more mercies you find.  

I'll be using the instagram tag #mercyhunting ... want to join me?  I would love that!
There are way too many to count all by myself.   



Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment