Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer ... 13th Birthdays ... Independence Day!

I tried to convince myself that I could just hang with the spring decor 
until autumn, but I just couldn't do it.  

I put spring back into the boxes.



And out comes the best of summer!




We mark a big milestone this July ...
our baby turns 13 ...
and all our kids are teenagers ...

YOWZA.

Our little guy ...


the one we called The Boppy, because he was always happy ...


the one who gave the best hugs and snuggles ever ...


Is now a teenager.










Happy Birthday, Aaron!



We celebrated July 4th early in conjunction with Aaron's birthday ...
LtDan put the barbeque porch to good use and grilled some fantastic ribs.



And we had our own fireworks show.
LtDan love loves loves his pyrotechnics.
I do, too.  I had no camera when the grand finale went off ...
but standing in the front yard looking up was like being inside the fireworks ...

it was awesome!




(thanks to my sister in law Paula for the spectacular sparkler pics!)

The teenagers watched the fireworks from the barn balcony. 


Celebrating America, and grateful to and proud of our men and women in military service.


From our house to yours ...


Happy 4th of July!


Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment