Sunday, December 9, 2012

(Wishing I was) Walking in a Winter Wonderland

It's no secret around here that autumn is my very very very favorite season.
So when it's time to make the decor change from autumn to winter, well ...
it's difficult.

What makes it even more difficult is that Texas weather in December is, 
for the most part, most decidedly not wintery.  

Eventually, perhaps, the temperatures will drop.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some snow.
Meanwhile, there are halls to deck, but who's in the mood?

Packing up the oranges and golds of autumn requires some wintery inspiration.  
 Come and dream with me about a white Christmas in the country ...








Cottonwood trees are my absolute favorite, no matter the season.  
In the upper left of the photo above, there's a very cold cardinal in the tree.
Did you see him?





  

On this day last year, the dogs and I went on a glorious winter walk,
around the pond, through the treeline, and along the creek.
Inside the snowcovered treeline felt like a cathedral.


 








Desert Creek winds around the back of the JustB.  
The dogs are always interested in what's been wandering around down there.
Raccoon, skunks, opossum, armadillo, coyote, wild hogs, deer ... you just never know.





Okay ... I think I can do it ... 
the temperature as I write is a chilly 53 degrees ... 


bring on the holly and the ivy!


Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment