Friday, March 23, 2012

{{12 in 12 }} ... It's a Wonderful Springtime

Ah, spring!



I found this bunny at Hobby Lobby last year.  I fell in love with it's one ear up and one ear down.  



Had to ask someone to climb a ladder to retrieve him from a top shelf for me. He's my very favorite springtime thing.  I couldn't wait to pull him out of the box and put him out again.


It's always so good to finally put away the darker colors of winter and lighten things up for spring ...



We don't have a mantel, so the hearth is our focal point.  That's my digital photo frame inside the (cleaned out) fireplace ... it shuffles through family pictures going all the way back to 1999 and it's nice to have a light source in there while we don't need the warmth of a fire.  


Here's some of my favorite springtime decor ...






And in the kitchen ...







I added the three chalkboards above the buffet counter this season ... I found them at Michael's. 



 They're covering three awkwardly placed plugs. I'm always looking for ways to cover them up ... 








 They're really candle holders, but I thought it would be fun to use eggs for spring.





Hope you agree ... it's a wonderful life ... and hope you're enjoying spring, too!


I'm linking this post to the 2012 Spring Fling Link Party at The Lettered Cottage

The Lettered Cottage 

Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

  1. Hi Melissa!

    The photos in the empty fireplace is really a great idea! It gives a little brightness and 'energy' to you room when there is no fire.

    I LOVED Hobby Lobby... one of the many things I miss about Texas.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete