Friday, November 23, 2012

... and we are thankful ...

Did you have a good Thanksgiving?

I have loved so much the emphasis on being thankful in the days leading up to Thanksgiving.  
Everywhere I look, people are counting their blessings.

It makes me happy :o)

Our family gathering was here at the JustB this year.  


We had three turkeys and nine cooks.  
It was awesome!

I wanted to do something to bring us all together in commemorating what we're thankful for.
What I came up with would not be on the Martha Stewart approved list.  
Even though I thought it was kind of cheesy, 
it was all I could manage.

 ... but this morning when I got up and read back over it, I'm so thankful for it ...



I put up a long piece of craft paper in the hall for everyone to write what they were thankful for ...
Across the top I wrote:
I am thankful for ... I am thankful for ... I am ((lost concentration)) THANKSGIVING! ... 
I am ((lost concentration AGAIN!))  THANKSGIVING! ... I am thankful for ...

But we all had a good time putting into words what we're thankful for ...


.... that means you!


things are just so much cuter when put into words by kids :o)


thankful all my friends are here ... kind of the same as all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight,
at least for a  kiddo ... I'm thankful that when the cousins are together they feel like the gang's all here.

  

Even the grownups feel that way!


you should always use every opportunity to score Good Husband points ...


... heartfelt!!


This year was a pretty incredible year ... and we are thankful.


Portal 2 = Video Game.  
Silly Teenagers ... who in Portal 2 is going to make you a turkey dinner?!
They'll tell you there's cake, but it's a lie.


... I'm not sure.


Amen, and Amen and Amen and Amen!


This was me ... a meal for 24 ... 
and all I did was make a pumpkin pie, stir up some grits and make cranberry relish.
oh! and put a smoked turkey in the oven. 

It felt very strange not to make green bean casserole.

LtDan fried a turkey ... it was fabulous!
My nephew spiced up a turkey kind of canjun style ... it was fantastic!


 Amazing!


My brother-in-law remembered to get us all together for a group photo,
which is not easy to do with so many people ... 
the difference in age between youngest to eldest was 92 years!
The test shot came out nice and clear.  
The one where we're all there was just a little blurry ...
 but sometimes a little softness is nice ... 
and we are thankful.


Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

  1. What a great idea for getting the whole family involved in showing gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww - so envious of your fam being together for the holiday!! How special!

    ReplyDelete