Thursday, April 18, 2013

Well, hi!

Do I acknowledge I've only done four blogposts in 2013?   
Somehow I lost my steam and I was waiting to catch my breath.  
But you know how life beckons you back.   

To quote a dear friend ... 

"ok, ok, ok....the turkey was baked and cranberry sauce consumed.....tree and decorations up and presents wrapped, stuff put away and decorations down and tree in attic for another year....the superbowl was played, valentine's day m&m's were delicious and fat tuesday is now only a memory.....before we are ready for fall again, shall we do that meeting thing where we get to see each other, chat, eat 
and just enjoy a good conversation...?"

Life and good friends don't take no for an answer.

:o)

I've been looking for ways to celebrate life in the every day, compiling a list of ways and means of conducting every day life that bring forth the most joy possible.  One of the things on my list is to be in the family room or kitchen when the sun begins to sink and the light turns gold and the room glows.  

So tonight I went into the kitchen to make dinner,
and out the backdoor the sunshine was glimmering through the leaves, 
and the wind was blowing through the grass ...


and, well ... 
dinner was a little late, but for good reason.


We've had rain ... everything turned green and grew three feet overnight.   


Even though most of the winter time things have been put away, the blankets are still on the porch. 
Earlier this week the high was in the 80's ... right now it's in the 40's.
That's a Texas spring for you:  from flip flops to sweaters in 24 hours!

  

The morning glories from last summer left some volunteers behind,
and they are making their appearance ... yay spring!  


I put this feeder on my Dad's window ... 
it's going to be fun to watch the hummingbirds stop by to visit.


Things have been busy here ... and I have things to post about before I forget.
I'll let the barn red color be the clue for a big one.
And I have progress to report on my {{12 in 12}} aspirations ... now that it's 2013.
And there are a few before and afters to show, too!




Shared joy is doubled joy ... let's double the joy for both of us - what are you most grateful for today? Click below to leave your comment. I'll go first :

Post a Comment